Thursday 20 February 2014

Striding on Through

I'm being quite disciplined about reading my RSS feeds although I suspect that I could do better with my choice of alerts - I'm assuming that that's something that "matures" with time as I try different alerts. The RSS alerts has me reading other people's blogs quite a bit and makes me reallise that I really can't be just leaving this little missive in its plain, unadorned state.  I've just been reading a blog called 3am teacher who's also a seller on Etsy and it looks like a masterclass in what I should be aiming at. Oh hey I'll give it a link here, why not. Well, that's an object lesson if ever there was one, I didn't mark it "save for later" so its been read and gone! Maybe I can find her through Etsy...found her! http://the3amteacher.blogspot.com/ duly bookmarked for perusal later.  Always good to have a benchmark, I say.
Sheer black hostess half apron with gold glitter spots and Bernese Mountain dog puppy asleep on the floor
Puppy Isis Sleeping on the Photo shoot!

Meanwhile I've been having a blast on Pinterest - My sister plays games, I bounce around Pinterest.  Wierdly people are following me at the moment, I think I must be being offered up to newbies, I think I'm supposed to follow them back.  I'll do that next I think.

Actually the best bit is the Apronerie board I've created.  Pinterest does have a separate section for businesses but after reading the conditions etc and given that I'm not making any money yet I've decided to put the business side of Pinterest on hold, for the moment.  Getting a few people following my apronerie board already and a real Pinterest pro has not only followed me back but invited me to join her group board on vintage aprons!  I know, I know anyone who hasn't discovered the wonders of social networking might think I'm getting overly excited about an automatic email response but, here's the thing, because I am now a member of her group board, I get to post on her board, so guess what I get to post? my "vintage style retro hostess half aprons".  I think I might be getting the hang of the selling thing.  Anyway I won't abuse and I'll post as many non sales posts as sales and that should be OK there are plenty of other sales posts up there and quite a lot of modern aprons.  And there's there's the wierd thing...

... haha 15 minutes later.  It caught me again.  I thought it would only be polite to give Margaret Riggins a mention since she is the source of my excitement, I only went to my email to find her name and caught myself creating new mailbox's for the various pinterest activity and then decided it would be nice to follow my mate Wend who's just joined and there you go, wandering off into Pinterest!

So, back to the lovely Margaret.  She's almost got herself an apron shop on Pinterest, with, as far as I can see a very respectable collection of various aprons from around the world.  I have to wonder what she gets out of it and how can I repay her kindness and what I've come up with is that she wants posts on her boards and to be followed.  So there you have it.  Thank you Margaret.  And now I need to work out how to link to Pinterest from here.  I'm not sure that 3am teacher is on Pinterest... oh yes she is... she's got a button...

That's a surprise I've got an address http://www.pinterest.com/Tracythevan/ that's my perso Pinterest, that would sort of argue for a GlamourAprons pinterest wouldn't it, and then fess up to being a business, and, come to think of it, doing it sooner rather than later would stop people getting directed to my perso pinterest instead of my apron Pinterest.  haha there it is "Big Sigh".

And, there we go http://www.pinterest.com/Tracythevan/apronerie/ is my board for aprons as it stand at the moment, oh dear I may need to do it all over again for the business one.  By rights I should do a link to lovely Margaret Riggins too http://www.pinterest.com/1953liz/vintage-aprons/ well, that's her vintage aprons board.  Ah, it strikes me that my photo doesn't look very nice on Pinterest, although lovely on Etsy, I need to crop it... "Big Sigh" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment