Wednesday 5 February 2014

Best Laid Plans

I shall be unrepentant when I don't manage to get done what I say I will - that could, of course argue for not announcing my plans in advance.  That's right no fur coat apron as yet.  Not sure if today will be the day either.  This blog will show how time escapes me.  Again, I shall be unrepentant.  I know that everyone else is apparently organised and achieving - I am, but the level of my organisation and achievement leaves a lot to be desired.

Take my Glamour Aprons, for example.  That's been a plan for at least a year I actually made the 5, Lola, Lydia, Anapuma, Hedy, Bonnie and haha nope, that's five isn't it? last September and its taken me all this time to actually get them onto Etsy(for those who don't know, Etsy a big online shop for handmade and vintage stuff).  Officially the first Hen Party apron came into being for my little sister's hen night, weekend, actually ooh 7 years ago.

I'm not stalled just plodding on through, what feels like molasses, actually it feels more like I'm thrashing through a tangle of wool that I happen to find myself in the middle of.

Today's dilemma is about photos and the Flickr account.  Maybe its more about Isis, my 4 month old puppy.  OK so that can be the photo for today. Tadaa.
Bernese Mountain Dog crossed Australian Shepherd 4 month puppy called Isis
Lovely Isis, aka the Puppy Club's Rocket
How lovely is she? She's already on Flickr of course and the problem is that my workspace is upstairs and she's a Bernese Mountain Dog crossed with an Australian Sheepdog - in dog breed terms that means BIG and who says big says fragile bones and no stairs.  That's fine when they're little, you can carry them, I can still just about carry her but pretty soon I'll have to have pity on my back.  Yikes is that the bottom of a page I see before me?  I wonder what happens when I get there.  

Anyway the photos are up here and I need to work downstairs on the laptop - that means 2 computers trying to upload and back up to Flickr from 2 versions of iPhoto.  Big sigh. Oh dear I think this may mean that Isis needs to learn to be alone a bit.  Maybe I could design a lift?  Tomorrow I show you how brilliant my workspace is - its better organised than my head that's for sure.  Shouldn't I have been able to upload Isis from Flickr? Oh the complicated web we weave.

Apparently that was the bottom of the page but it just keeps on extending.  Cool.  So, back to Glamour Aprons.  There's a problem with the tags that needs sorting out pronto because, as I write this I'm all alone in my own little internet bubble, some nice person called Marina favourited Lydia when I first put her up but apart from that no one's dropping by.  Should be quite interesting to see how all this pans out.  

Haha and I thought I'd have nothing to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment