Tuesday 11 February 2014

Just commented to someone...

People who know me are going to find it difficult to imagine that I don't usually comment on forums and chats and stuff like that.  I know there's a name for the mass of silent internet spectators I just can't remember what it is but that's me.  I've always been a spectator and always assumed that I don't really have anything to contribute.

That was before the new Internet me was born in the shape of Glamour Aprons.  Now according to the book: "How to Sell Your Crafts online" by Derrick Sutton I need to get out there and contribute.

That's what I've just done!  I now start my mornings with Feedly duly set up to read my news feeds, one of which is "Etsy" (teehee I have another one set up for Dara O'Briain...). And there was a post on there about selling hand made dresses from patterns and I put in my six penneth.  Unfortunately I didn't manage to leave the GlamourAprons email address but, you know,at least I'm off the starting block. And, for the record, I probably didn't contribute that much, but the thought was there.

I've still got a bit of tidying up to do with my internet stuff before I can get down to sewing.  Mysteriously my mother is getting posts about this blog that I don't see anywhere but on Google+ but she seems to have seen it on Facebook.   Anyway there's something called Su.pr that I need to use for posts, I think.  

Here's the thing.  I'm a little bit worried that blogs are not supposed to be as long as this. And I'm more than a little embarrassed to draw people's attention to this sort of drivel.  Eventually, I suppose I will have something important to say like, "I'm having a sale", or "I'm going to such and such flash market" or whatever its called, but not yet.  So, right now all you get are the teething troubles and bimbling around on the internet.  Sorry for that.

Aha, just remembered that I wanted to put a photo in every blog and am wondering what to put for this one. OK decision made - I'm bored with being serious and always showing the aprons so here I am making a face whilst demonstrating my new specs - the contributing me!
Silly selfie, making a face with red spectacles on in a living room
Yours Truly contributing...not a lot.
It occurred to me yesterday that I talked about treasuries without actually explaining what they are.  Since I'm on one I'm getting all excited about doing one myself, it looks quite fun.  Strictly speaking I should wait until I have everything in place before attracting attention to my shop but that doesn't stop me explaining what it is.  

Essentially any Etsy shop owner can create a treasury which is basically a collection of 16 items on a theme that they really like.  This makes you surf around Etsy a bit, and goodness knows there are a lot of shops out there and its really quite fun, sort of like dressing a shop window for someone else.  I think the trick will be be to find interesting themes.  I'll be looking into that once I've finally got everything working right on the web AND I've made some more aprons.

All suggestions for treasuries most welcome and I'm off to light the fire, I'm currently sitting in the middle of this European deluge that has flooded half of Southern UK and quite a bit of Brittany I think so its dark and miserable out there.  I'm exceedingly grateful to still have electricity, telephones and internet, but then I am on top of a hill...we have a hard time when it snows and blows.


No comments:

Post a Comment