Monday 30 March 2015

Starting Block? What Starting Block?

Haha the starting block I haven't left yet.  Still not been to the Chamber of Commerce, might have found an accountant but haven't contacted him yet so I'll save any news about that one when, and if there is some.
Bib apron on dressmaker's dummy blue cotton with white spots edged with black and white diagonal striped bias binding
Trial run for the 1 yard apron in lightweight blue spotted cotton
Sewing day last week had me working through the instructions for a free 1920's pattern  by Amy Barickman from a yard of fabric cut on the cross.  It was the fact that it was cut on the cross that intrigued me and I wanted to see how it came out.  Strikes me that in order to benefit from being cut on the cross the fabric needed to be heavier than my lightweight cotton but there's definitely something to be done there especially since I plan to make my loveable aprons out of linen…but then I might not, it's great to be so decisive. 

I would really, really love to spend some time thinking about all the paper stuff I'm going to need, trying to get to grips with designs and branding ready for when I can order them - I'm thinking this afternoon may be a good call. I feel I need to have some sort of postcard, or collection of postcards that explain what I'm about or why people shouldn't be offended if they've been given an apron as a gift - haha obviously it needs a bit more work than that on it.  Also would like some labels, visiting cards, correspondence cards (postcards could double up?) stickers would be useful just for starters!  

I might as well confess now that I'm doing the Canva design tutorials whenever I have a few minutes, just to make sure that I haven't missed something, I'd like to do all of them before launching myself on the paperwork, but they're quite quick so I don't see why I couldn't manage that this aftie.  

The design for the man apron is getting somewhat complicated with his nibs wanting some sort of lump in the front - after proper investigation the lump is supposed to be sausage shaped and he hopes it will keep the ties in place - men and their sausages eh? Anyway leave no stone unturned, I say.

So, that's it, today I shall try to "nail" my branding this afternoon - aha! maybe that means that some time next week this blog will no longer look the way it does today! hehe watch this space…

No comments:

Post a Comment