Monday 9 February 2015

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Once more into the Breach!  Aha mixing my quotes a bit there and, yes, the title is from "Galaxy Quest" because I'm a geek. Not exactly the way to build up a client base, disappearing for the best part of a year, but, as I've been telling myself all this time, I hadn't really launched last year, more, got everything lined up ready to launch with a few diddlings. So I'm back, and this time I've got a different plan.  For the moment I'm consecrating one day a week to GlamourAprons and, if I can make that stick then I'll push to 2 days a week and that should be enough to start with to allow myself to regularly do stuff.

Haha I'm back but scratching my head a bit wondering where everything is and realising that the first thing to do might be to organise my computer a bit better, whilst GlamourAprons has managed to have a separate identity on the web I haven't maintained that on my computer oh cripes I mean computers don't I so there might even be a bit of wrestling with the cloud too or some such.  Far too boring to write about here though.

I need to sort out in my head how my business is structured - on the one hand there's the actual product and everything it takes to make it and despatch it and get paid for it and then there's all the promotional side.  Gosh now I'm wondering if I ever finished the book I read that got me started on all of this.  Anyway it all needs to be in one place and I'm not sure I want it on the cloud… oh dear maybe I'm being old fashioned there.  

Maybe GlamourAprons should have its own hard drive? - that would be cool if I had one.  I can't really mess around with the cloud because the internet connection out here in the boondocks is a bit unreliable.  I don't really need to travel.  Not much haha but with a stock of 5 I can take that with me, so I won't use my upcoming visit to gay Paree as an excuse not to relaunch which was what was trotting though my mind.

Right then - it turns out that Jemima has 236 Gb of space left on her and that should do for a start. - all will be backed up onto Jemima at the end of every day to allow GlamourAprons to be mobile, not forgetting return syncing.  That'll do for a start! Got to go extract a lot stuff from all over the shop now - bit of virtual collating if you please.  On a concrete note I have tidied up my workshop and its looking fine and dandy and ready for me to get busy.  I've also decided that I need an overall like they wear the House of Elliot but don't seem to be able to find a pattern, yet, so, in the mean time I've got a glorious sort of house coat thing that may end up being it, since I can't imagine making my own work apron to be a priority here.  I think I'll pop upstairs and take a photo for you. 



There you go! Housecoat/overall and all I might ramble on about my equipment at a later date…Now I've got to tidy up my virtual workspace.

I've just discovered that I took some gorgeous photos of my aprons but they're not even on FlickR let alone Google+ which I have, as yet, to master.  Next stop Pinterest and see what sort of disaster awaits me there.  Oops, maybe first stop should be the shop, n'est-ce pas, pretty certain the photos are up to date, even if the new aprons aren't up yet.  Oh yes, that's what stalled me last year, writing up the descriptions…

So I've got this blog and all else streams from this… theoretically. I suppose I can always post  mini versions of blogger on Google+, FB and subsequently Twitter.  That must have been the plan.  Aha lightbulb moment! I've just remembered Feedly - that might be something I need to do quite often.  Then there's Pinterest and FlickR - FlickR being more for when I get quite arty about my photos… yeeesss that was a plan too.


I'm getting the picture now, too many plans and not enough doing. Anyway the ladidah photos can wait, need to make sure the current pictures are all, well, current and then add the new aprons and go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment