Friday 6 November 2015

Despatching road block sorted!

Whahey! I'm back - I never really went away but life got a bit too complicated for a while there and since this whole little business to be is still in a holding pattern it moved onto a back burner as well for the summer.  Amazingly for me I still want to do it!  Indeed have been getting quite pissy about not being allowed any time to get on with my project.  But, at last, here I am as the dust settles on the various shenanigans of the last 6 months.  
Hot of the press meet "Sylvia" gorgeouse gray lace with a few sequins for sparkle

I made 2 aprons in quick succession and am very pleased with both of them.  I've decided to chill out about the Glamour Aprons - they cost what they cost because they take a lot of time to make and that's not because I'm a slow sewer its because I make them well - haha and I'm a bit scared of my overlocker.  Well, there you go, there's one little challenge gauntlet to pick up.  But not right now.

One of the main things that has been blocking progress has been trying to get to grips with the packaging and postal stuff.  I'm am very proud to announce that I have just ordered my first batch of boxes, tissue paper, plastic sachets and bags!  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but, since I'm not exactly dealing with large quantities, indeed I don't really intend to ever reach factory proportions I've had to make a few compromises as per my packaging desires.  I did want a really sexy box but since most of them come from China and are exorbitantly expensive I decided to dial down my delusions of grandeur.  I am thinking that the Glamour Aprons really do need to be in a box anyway, haha and the moment I'd located a box I realised that I had to buy another box to pack it in. 

Ginormous sigh here but a major thumbs up to the people at Raja who spent hours explaining to me how envelope dimensions worked and locating various products for me.  Indeed I have to say that my dealings with these lovely people completely made my day and made me feel that I can really do this.  They really weren't snotty when I explained that I was only just starting and didn't think I could use 500 plastic envelopes.

Next step must be to sort out my stationery.  My visiting cards came out rather nicely but I've now got 2 designs on the go and should really plump for one or combine them or something - bit more thinking needed there.  Nevertheless I'm going to need some sort of sticker for my boxes, cards to put in the box and probably letterhead for the bill. At least.

So, I've missed the summer and the outdoor photo opportunities but I'm sure I can come up with something really just need to give myself some time and space.  The aprons look really nice on my real Edwardian dress makers dummy so maybe I should run with that and just put the dummy in odd places.  I'm also thinking that odd angles and close-up wearing the aprons might work well and maybe play a lot with colour.  You see I just need to think a bit….

No comments:

Post a Comment